In the Budapest Artificial Intelligence Development Centre of Continental, Autonomous Mobility, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class perception and fusion systems.
Our teams develop software solutions for automated parking and safety systems, processing various automotive sensor data and providing a robust, scalable output to driving function modules.
- Lead a group of machine learning and data engineers specialized in computer vision, perception, fusion and other fields of artificial intelligence.
- Mentor, coach and develop employees, support personal and professional growth, provide feedback and training.
- Enable the group to engage in effective project work as part of local and international cross-functional teams.
- Develop new leaders
- Talent Management
- Build up strategic technology competencies with respect to product portfolio development
- Recruitment of new employees / retaining strategy
- Build high-performing teams from organizational point of view
- Enable the group to engage in effective project work as part of local and international cross-functional teams
- Work closely with partner groups, departments and stakeholders across the organization. Proactively seek understanding of priorities, adopt to changing circumstances.
- Take part in technical coordination of internal and external research partnerships, drive intellectual property activities and patenting
- University degree (MSc or PhD) in a relevant scientific or engineering field such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics or similar.
- 8-10 years extensive experience of people management in the software engineering field (Team size 15+)
- Excellent SAFe knowledge ant its adoption in the development workflow.
- Basic knowledge of relevant programming languages (Python, C++) and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written.
- Determined, goal-oriented personality, collaborative and open-minded attitude
Nice to have
- Experience as individual contributor or leader in machine learning engineering, ideally within research or ADAS/AD applications.
- Extensive people management experience.
- Knowledge in embedded software development.
- Multiple years of work experience in the automotive industry (OEM, tier I-II).
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects
- Ability to directly deliver software into real products that will save lives on the roads of the world
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and to one of Europe’s largest in-house GPU clusters
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Bonus system
- Annual flexible benefit (Cafeteria)
- Private health insurance
- Employee discounts
- Sport pass support
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Easily accessible, modern office located in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square)
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services