Sr Software Engineer - Security
Join our team and you’ll be part of the Agile transformation that is reshaping software development in the automotive industry. As part of our diverse global agile team you will play a key role in the development of embedded solutions supporting the next generation of vehicles. You will be taking ownership of key aspects of product development and drive high quality deliveries.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to influence the development of products including:
- Body Computer Modules
- Wireless Modules (controlling vehicle access and start)
- Actuator Control Modules (e.g. Seat Modules, Trailer Break Modules…)
- You will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to groundbreaking industry technology.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence engineering experts of tomorrow by coaching and mentoring other Value Creators.
- Propose and refine user stories and acceptance criteria in close co-operation with the Product Owner
- Create and maintain Technical Specification of components and architecture. If necessary, work in close collaboration with Release Train Architect, Product Owner or Stakeholders to clarify & understand requirements.
- Contribute to Architectural Refinements in Collaboration with Release Train Architect.
- Use, design and develop best practices and strive for improvements.
- Create tested, high-quality development results that deliver value and are deployed in the target environment. Respect and implement the Definition of Done Criteria.
- Ensure end-to-end deliveries with respect to the team delivery scope. Provide those deliveries in a self-organized manner. Support less experienced engineers in the Agile Team in developing necessary skills to be able to deliver end-to-end value.
- Create tests for the product aspect under development, acceptance tests and integration tests. On all levels, all tests shall be created to the highest possible degree of automation.
- Develop and integrate development increments in short cycles, by improving the development and testing environment using scripts for automation.
- Review deliverables with regards to quality.
- Actively strive for continuous improvements of the team’s setup, tooling, automation, and methods.
- Follow the DevOps principles by collaboratively owning the system across the value stream via automating and maintaining a continuous delivery pipeline
- Work in continuous collaboration and synchronization with other team members of the other Agile Teams
- Highlight technical debts to the Agile Team and ensure prioritization for timely implementation with the Product Owner.
- Collaborate with other Engineers to ensure efficient product development without interruptions.
- Conduct research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities.
- Actively share knowledge with the rest of the team.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer science, Computer engineering or similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience in embedded software development
- Good understanding of A-SPICE base practices
- Strong embedded C background
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR architecture
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging capabilities
- Good understanding of vehicle networks and vehicle architectures
- Good understanding of cybersecurity concepts for embedded systems
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the automotive industry
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Continental is able to offer visa support and relocation for internal candidates.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services