Mechanical Architect for DS – Display Solutions (m/f/diverse)
With the ever-increasing digitalization, displays are becoming THE key differentiator of modern vehicle interiors and are the most important interface for the interaction of driver and vehicle. Changed user demands and new technologies enable novel interior cockpit designs. With our broad technical know-how and long experience in the field of instrumentation, Continental is the leading innovator for automotive display solutions.
As a mechanical architect for display solutions, you will:
- Be part of PDC DS (product development centre display solutions) in our business unit UX (User Experience)
- Work in an international team and join technology specific trainings
- Be involved in a wide product range with different display sizes and different customers
- Work with the latest technologies on the market
- Have the chance of a career path as a specialist in complex mechanical architectures or as an expert in display solution specific fields
- Responsibility for the development of a technical concept for the product based on the customer and internal requirements, together with the related disciplines supporting the product architect
- Ensures the technical feasibility of the solution incl. manufacturability in compliance with requirements and attainment of targets for costs, time schedule, risk and quality
- Ensures the compliance with legal and internal requirements (e.g. head impact, standardization of development and manufacturing concepts) and customer standards
- Alignment of the interfaces between SW, EE, and SE development, focusing on potential conflicts and cross-discipline impacts between the individual solution
- Filing of the mechanical architecture related documents in the configuration management system
- Ensures the availability of a D-FMEA facilitator and a clear understanding of his responsibilities in the project
- Encouragement of innovation and building knowledge for the global DS community, including the implementation of lessons learned and regular updates to design guidelines
- University degree in an engineering field (e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, plastic technologies, etc.) or a comparable qualification
- Experience in developing display products (TFT, OLED, backlight, touch system, die casting and plastic technologies) would be a major advantage
- Several years of experience in a technical field (mechanical engineering, manufacturing technologies, etc.)
- Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering techniques (e.g. functional decomposition)
- Good knowledge of the product components (electrical engineering, software, mechanical engineering)
- Knowledge of development (all disciplines), test, integration and production (sample and final product) processes
- Good capability to work in a team of technical architects from different disciplines (EE, ME, SE)
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Understanding of the customers and users needs and problems
- Very good communication skills (with customer, internal, etc.)
- Capability to take initiative
- Capability to analyse technical problems in a structured approach
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.