Manufacturing / Engineering Trainee (Engineering)
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Manufacturing and Engineering Trainee to join our Engineering department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
▪ Introduction to technologies and machines in PLT/CVT Plant - department rotation, a deeper introduction to plant operation
▪Introduction to production processes, Rubber Technologies, Material’s flow and Components in order to gain in-depth operational knowledge about the production process
▪ 4 month shopfloor experience including shift work
▪ Manufacturing/Engineering projects within the plant
▪ rotations to other departments in order to get an insight into the collaboration of all departments
▪establish and maintain a network throughout the plant
▪central projects (Manufacturing/Engineering, R&D, business perspective)
▪fulfil central training plan in order to gain technical knowledge, competencies and capabilities in the processes of the manufacturing environment and to develop an understanding of the tire business and structure
▪establish and maintain a network with the central departments and international trainees
▪ 1/2 month in one of Continental's Marketing & Sales organizations
▪ General overview about the overall M&S Strategy and the tasks & responsibilities of a M&S department
▪ 1st hand experience by working together with direct sale in a tire shop / during customer visits
• Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
• Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Process Engineering or Manufacturing or Science degree
• At least 2 months of International internship/study abroad or working in a multicultural or international team
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.