New Product Launch Plant Coach - Manufacturing TSR
The position holder is leading a Plant team which is responsible for the New Product Launch Management in the Plant.
The position holder is responsible to ensure all standards related to new product launches are known within her / his whole plant organization and drive the industrialization activities and the timing. (S)He will ensure sustainability by monitoring NPL activities on regular basis. Due to the experience and background (s)he is able to coach and guide all NPL Team Leaders and NPL Managers. (S)He will also be involved on escalation when a project is blocked to support NPL M or leading a Task Force if required.
New Product Launch Management:
▪Ensure Plant new product launch readiness new BA product launches in terms of quality, cost and timing
▪Plan, optimize and permanently control the assigned investment budget for all new product launches including changes
▪Highlight and track any delay, problem or risk regarding operations launch activities by integration and coordination of different functions across the organization and taking decisions to come back on track
▪Support proper hand over of new awarded business from central Operations Manufacturing Concepts & Quotes team into Plant organization
▪Ensure proper resource planning for the Plant NPL team (staffing, competencies development, support functions available)
▪Maintain NPL M competences matrix for the whole Plant and contribute on the development of required competencies for the production network in alignment of cross Plants and central BA functions
▪Propose training plan for NPL activities
▪Train, coach and further develop worldwide New Product Launch community and specific workshops
▪Driving EBIT improvements initiatives / Cost improvement activities
▪Driving full performance and financial KPIs (EBIT, ROS & IRR) and align on measures with R&D
• Maintain a strong & visible New Product Launch Plant organization for Operations excellence and ensure required competencies and qualifications for product groups and other core launch management tasks
• Drive global network participation inside the Plant (NPL Community).
Governance & Guidance:
• Stand for governance and guidance of New Product Launch tasks and secure standardization across BA
Develop and continuously improve processes to be used for New Product Launch management across different departments within
BA and towards central AM organization (e.g. eLSR tool & reporting)
▪Represent Operations in project reviews, customer meetings, audits, corporate initiatives
▪ Contributes on the Plant strategy measures and projects
▪ Contributes on the Business Area strategy measures and projects
▪ Leads strategic projects, such as Launch KPIs digitalization
▪ Contributes on Footprint strategy measures and projects
-Master / Bachelor degree in a related field (engineering / sciences)
-At least 8 / 10 years experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industry in a variety of functions.
- > 5 years experience as Project Leader/ Launch or Execution Manager of complex/ multiple projects in the area of Operations New Product Launch/ Industrial Engineering
-Experience in multi cultural / international projects, preferred with short/ long term delegation and experiences abroad
- Knowledge of the Product Life Cycle, the Operations Processes including Project Supporting Processes
- Understands processes and support the implementation and conclusion of activities during project (Test Coverage Analysis, Safe Launch, Line Release, APQP, PPAP)
- Knowledge of methods, tools (eg.PLC, eLSR, Lean Check, D-FMEA, P-FMEA, Project checklist etc.)
- Change Management, Problem Resolution Management and Escalate Management
- Quality in Launches knowledge - Test Coverage Analysis, Safe Launch, Line Release, APQP, PPAP
- Financials in Manufacturing and Launches knowledge - Manages Project Budget
-Ramp Up costs and deviation
- English advanced
- MS Office advanced
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Organizational and time management skills
- Leadership skills
- A dynamic team in a globally active organization
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and mobile work (4 days per month)
- Private health Insurance
- Fitpass premium
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.