Global Category Manager Data and Voice (Telecommunication & Network)
Responsible for managing the Global Category IT Data and Voice (Telecommunication and Network) within the respective Group Purchasing Cluster, by providing Continental with expertise and best practices in the fields of IT Strategic Sourcing, Supply Market Analysis and Category Management.
This role is a leading self position and will be performed in Frankfurt (Germany). It includes the following activities and responsabilities:
- Conducting global tenders and negotiating delivery terms (quality, quantities, prices, deadlines, logistics)
- Responsibility for decisions regarding the award of business to suppliers
- Concluding contracts, also according to foreign and international law in cooperation with the respective legal department
- Implementation of contracts (communication and project management);
- Achieving the purchasing targets of the assigned category
- Ensuring the supply of required goods and services in quality and time
- Achieving planned savings and procurement budgets
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing Policies, Business Partner Code of Conduct, Continental Basics, Continental Code of Conduct and all Group Guidelines
- Ensure customer centricity through understanding customers’ expectations, needs, and wishes while building a strong Global Category network with your customer and other participants
- Definition of the supplier strategy in cooperation with the specialist departments
- Analysis of the procurement markets regarding trends and innovations
- Monitoring supplier performance in terms of quality, delivery reliability and financial stability
- Determination of requirements, clarification with the specialist departments and pooling across locations, organizations, and countries.
- University degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Economics or a comparable qualification
- Work experience in purchasing of complex goods and services, preferably in IT
- Good knowledge of the telecommunication and related service market and it's dynamically changing environment (technology and products)
- Knowledge of finance and controlling processes
- Consolidated experience in managing complex projects in terms of content, technology, number of employees, suppliers, organizational units, and countries
- Business fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
- Customer and Stakeholder centric relationship building
- Strong negotiation and advanced analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and take decisions
- Willingness to travel
- International environment of a global player
- Chance to participate in strategical decisions, solve problems, shape innovations and contribute to a change at Continental
- Attractive working conditions and benefits
- Development of a career at Continental
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.