Part-Time Material Handler I/II
Descrição da função
• Carry out materials related tasks as assigned to include but not limited to; receiving, de-trashing, palletization, put-away, pick, deliver and maintain product on production shelves ready for use, according to established procedures
• Ensure material is received, processed, properly stored, and issued accurately and in a timely manner to support production
• Maintain storage shelf inventory quantity and accuracy to meet production requirements
• Maintains warehouse in a safe clean and orderly fashion, including sweeping floors and dusting shelves (5s)
• Physically counts inventory items to verify accuracy on a regular basis
• Utilize existing computer systems and ensure that proper and accurate transactions are accomplished.
• Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock. Investigates and reports reasons for discrepancy errors in computation or count
• Operate material handling equipment safely to perform assigned tasks
• Actively participates in cost reduction, continuous improvement and team activity
6-10pm with a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 30 hours a week.
• High School Diploma or GED
•Must be 18 years of age
•0-2+ years of manufacturing or logistics experience required
• Must be Flexible - able to move to other areas throughout the materials group as needed
•Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
•Relocation will not be provided
Ability to speak, write and read in English
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required, will provide training)
• Basic user of computer to include Microsoft Programs, SAP and Warehouse Management Systems
•Experience using mobile equipment to move materials
•Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted. Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours. Must be able to Push, Pull Reach, Twist, Turn, Stoop, Walk, Stand for up to10+ hours.
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.
Part-Time Material Handler I/II
Material Handler I/II Nights (3rd Shift)