Lead Staff: Software Technical Lead
Descrição da função
The Software Technical Lead is an engineer with a strong software background, experienced in embedded SW development from design to product launch and the ability to lead by example.
The Software Technical Lead will:
- Act as the functional leader of a team of ~10 software engineers
- Plan, track and lead the design, implementation and testing of new features, change requests and bug fixes for telematics products.
- Be the responsible for task breakdown, estimation lead and progress tracker
- Maintain the SW schedule, assign tasks and manage the workload
- Interface to the customer and other project stakeholders
- Create and lead task forces
- Work with the team on issues difficult to debug/reproduce
- Conduct Sprint planning, SCRUM, and implement value add Agile practices.
- Track and drive A-SPICE and process conformance in the SW area
- Gather data from the team and provide the project manager with technical and strategic information for negotiations with the customer
- Interface with other groups and disciplines to ensure an effective release and traceability of SW
- Bachelor’s degree in: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of C/C++ development
- 5+ years of software development for embedded devices
- 5+ years of experience working with CAN, UDS or LIN
- 3+ years leading a SW Engineering team (project or functional)
- Experience troubleshooting with customer on-site
- Experience as the main technical interface for customers
- Experience contributing to the system architecture
- Experienced defining high level solutions as well as authoring detailed designs
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Willingness to travel (<10% of the time)
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers while being responsible for the outcome of the team
- Experience leading embedded software development using an AUTOSAR development environment OR development for embedded Linux devices
- Experience with projects satisfying Functional Safety goals and ISO26262
- Experience working in projects with Cybersecurity requirements (TARA, Message Authentication, Certificates, HSM, Crypto, SHE, secure boot)
- Experience with Telematics products or similar automotive ECUs
- Experience participating in A-Spice official assessments
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP-IP, LIN CAN protocols
- Configuration Management tools
- Requirements engineering tools
- Software Project Management skills and tools (JIRA, MS Project, Big Picture)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental will offer visa support.
Continental will not offer relocation assistance for this opportunity.
O que oferecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.