Supplier Quality Management Semiconductors - Microcontroller Memories
Descrição da função
Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly detail-oriented and skilled Supplier Quality Engineer for semiconductors and electronic microcontrollers to join our Automotive Central Functions team. The ideal candidate has experience in supplier quality management for electronic components.
The main tasks of the position are:
- New Component Introduction in the area of Microcontrollers and Memories (working from spec definition with RnD team to component validation) - APQP
- Maintenance of the deﬁned Supplier Quality Management System (procedures, guidelines, and tools), to ensure the requested quality is in line with the deﬁned supplier management strategies to meet the quality targets.
- Execution of supplier evaluations and assessments to support the cross-functional supplier selection team with the required quality data
- Initiation and introduction of the preferred supplier and components strategy
- Design, initiation, and control of preventive quality management measurements in the design and development phase for supplied parts and services to ensure that our products meet the quality requirements deﬁned
- Driving improvement activities, root cause analysis, and implementation of appropriate counter-measurements at the supplier's site
- Support of the data system to collect and evaluate supplier quality-related key process indicators (KPIs) for the regular reporting of periodical quality performance Continuous tracking of the target setting and plan fulﬁllment (monitoring, analysis, control) in the context of Supplier Quality Management System
- Support for the continuous improvement process of all supplier quality-related processes, guidelines, and tools by means of supplier audits, on-site assessments, and benchmarking and best practice sharing programs
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge in semiconductor development or manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years in supplier quality management experience for electronic components
- Good experience in quality systems, process audits, and part qualiﬁcation
- Understanding of automotive practices such as APQP, PPAP, VDA6.3 or IATF16949
- Able to lead/facilitate process improvements and suppliers' development
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. Business English, Presentations) to interact with external and internal stakeholders
- Able to work independently and travel frequently (e.g. SE-Asia, China, Japan & Europe) ~ 30%
- Experience in testing or package design or wafer process technologies
- 7+ years in supplier quality management experience for electronic components
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly detail-oriented and skilled Supplier Quality Engineer for semiconductors and electronic microcontrollers to join our Automotive Central Functions team. The ideal candidate has experience in supplier quality management for electronic components.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?