Information Technology (IT) Internship
Descrição da função
The Information Technology (IT) Internship at Continental is a once in a lifetime opportunity to support a new facility start-up located in New Braunfels, Texas. The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.
The IT Internship position is a developmental role to gain practical experience in the IT function and support the needs of the department. In this capacity, the IT Intern will contribute to successful IT operations for the new facility site. This position is scheduled to last 12 weeks in length from May 20, 2024-August 9, 2024.
- Assist with IT tool verification and deployment
- Create additional tools and data communication visualizations
- Partner with Engineering to support the resolution of IT issues related to new production line installations
- Support other IT duties and projects as assigned
- The IT Intern can expect to gain practical experience in a broad range of IT focused functions including:
- Will code in C/C++/C# languages with Oracle database management system
- Will develop software system testing & production line validation testing
- Will gain knowledge in barcode scanner technology
- Will develop scripts, tools, or applications for systems administration, database and applications, data management, automation, performance, and capacity monitoring
- Input and update systems or documents to maintain data and accuracy for IT objects such as service calls, asset management and warranty claims
- Will experience the manufacturing environment
- Will work with cross functional teams
- Will develop problem solving skills
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new facility start-up experience
- Awesome employee discounts on travel, electronics, vehicles, tires, and more
- Holiday pay
- Experience working for a global industry leader!
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University Degree Program
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, business information systems, industrial systems or other related studies
- 3.0 overall GPA or higher
- Basic knowledge of computer and mobile device hardware
- Familiarity with common software products such as: Windows 10, IOS, Microsoft Office, O365 and Internet Browsers
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.