Software Test Engineer
Descrição da função
In the Application Development Center of Continental, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering software solutions for ADAS customer projects.
The Vehicle Interface team ensures from concept to Delivery the interface from our sensors to the cars for a dedicated customer. You will work in an agile collocated team. As a member of this team, you will be working on tasks related to different levels of software testing. Working closely with the developer teams, you will be responsible for:
- Verification and validation of several vehicle interface modules (diagnostics, bootloader, error handling, communication network)
- Executing all levels of SW testing (component and integration)
- Designing and developing automation scripts, providing support and documenting for feature teams
- Analyzing user stories, use cases and requirements for validity and feasibility
- Providing timely solutions and tracking software quality through metrics
- Participating in all levels of the development lifecycle, including requirements management, architecture definition and implementation
- Aligning with internal stakeholders on frame software and function related questions in the value chain
- Collaborating and work in an agile team environment.
- University degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in a technical area: Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related.
- Experience working in software testing and related fields
- Experience with or willingness to learn automotive software validation tools like Vector CANoe
- Experience with Interface functionalities like, communication (CAN, ethernet) vehicle diagnostics, vehicle error handling or cyber security
- Experience in debugging complex problems within embedded systems
- Strong experience on state-of-the-art SW Engineering methods like detailed design with UML, Code Reviews, Static and Dynamic module tests
- Experience working according to SAFe (scaled agile framework)
- Hands-on SW engineering skills in Python and C++
- Good command of the English language
- Collaborative, open-minded, team player attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing testing applications for a large corporation
- Experience in automotive SW standards and requirements
- Technical leadership experience of complex topics and teams
O que oferecemos
What we offer:
- competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- bonus system
- annual flexible benefit (Cafeteria)
- private health insurance
- employee discounts
- sport pass support
- flexible work-from-home arrangements during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicles
- ability to directly deliver software into real, innovative products.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.