Head of R&D, OE PLT The Americas
Descrição da função
- Plan and steer the development of technologically leading successful target approvals to ensure the business of the BA OE in the Americas region for all relevant OEM customers.
- Ensure the alignment of technology development and target approval development for the Americas region. Initiate and steer the necessary development and technology projects.
- Develop, define and implement the R&D OE Americas strategy in cooperation with the R&D OE APAC and EMEA and the KAM organization in line with R&D OE ww strategy.
- Ensure the product performance and product compliance to all current and upcoming legal standards in area of responsibility.
- Ensure the application of R&D wide strategy standards and procedures in the entire development process (e.g. Gate processes, effective risk management) Establish a high quality mindset in your area of responsibility.
- Lead hire and develop a highly motivated management team of group and department leader in the Americas.
- Ensure and effective resource and budget planning in alignment with the strategic planning of the Key Account Organization Americas and the R&D OE.
- Represent Continental R&D Tires at all relevant OEM customers and other external interfaces such as e.g. media, universities, hiring events.
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering, natural sciences, industrial engineering or related
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong experience in tire development with 2+ years of experience in a leadership position as a department leader within Tires R&D
- Good network and business understanding within the Tire R&D and Business Area Original Equipment
- Experience in international / matrix organizations
- Strong communicator, fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental is only able to offer visa support and relocation to internal employees
- Internal qualified candidates will meet internal guidelines for this executive level role
- Open-minded, entrepreneurial, and strategic mindset
O que oferecemos
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Head of R&D, OE PLT The Americas
Process Engineering Technician
Maintenance Area Lead for Extrusion & Calandering
Assembly Process Specialist
New Products Launch Engineer
Automotive Engineer - Ford, Stellantis, and Rivian