Loom Technician (2nd & 3rd shift, Pay Range: $19.69 - $21.16)
Descrição da função
Responsible for the set up, test, and adjustment of looms and related machinery in the weaving department using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies within the scope of a technician. This position has the ability to run every job in the production department or must demonstrate capacity and desire to do so as needed. Follows and promotes 6S standards.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices for looms.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Complete daily work documents as required (i.e. daily work completed, cost of maintenance or repair work per shift per established process, parts/tools used, etc.). Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work per shift per established process.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or overhauler
- Loom Tech Level I, II, or III will be assigned by management based on specifications between roles
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing General Physical Activities — performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment — Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Controlling Machines and Processes — Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts.
- Prior mechanical knowledge of the machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Prior knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the repair manufacturing machines.
- Prior safety knowledge with regards to the knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective protection of all personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to do basic math and read
- Lift, move and position materials, use tools, equipment, etc. quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of good shop practices.
- Knowledge of finishing area; and the ability to run every machine in the department.
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment. Must possess a valid lift truck operator license.
- Two plus years of work related experience desired. Mechanical/Technical aptitude desired.
- Diploma or degree in related field preferred
O que oferecemos
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking an Loom Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.