Descrição da função
The ESH Foreperson provides strategic assistance to ensure compliance and effective implementation of all applicable environmental, safety, and health regulations for Aldora Mills. The major areas of compliance include all international, federal, state, and local ESH regulations, including but not limited to: EPA, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, Georgia EPD.
The ESH Foreperson insures compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety regulations for Aldora and acts as the employee safety training officer. The major area of responsibility is to ensure plant compliance with all international, federal, state and local Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) regulations including but not limited to: EPA, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, and Georgia EPD. The primary job functions is to:
1. Develop and maintain all needed programs to ensure plant compliance with environmental concerns.
2. Develop and maintain all needed programs to ensure plant compliance with all employee safety concerns.
3. Develop employee safety training programs to cover all safety aspects as required. Perform safety presentations and safety awareness talks when and where necessary.
Primary job functions include:
1. Tracking all accidents within the facility, including but not limited to: near misses, injuries, chemical spills, fires, and property damage using cloud-based data system.
2. Completes all required OSHA and environmental reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
3. Provides education and training to facility personnel on required safety and environmental programs.
4. Tracks all ESH training to facility personnel using cloud-based data system.
5. Managing and facilitating interal audits and inspections related to ESH.
6. Completes monthly reporting of KPIs to internal and corporate management.
7. Creates safety toolbox talks for facility personnel to distribute on a monthly basis.
EHS Activities: Performing necessary inspections, reporting and recordkeeping associated with EHS activities.
Corporate Compliance: Ensuring plant compliance with all corporate EHS standards and policies.
Intra-Plant Coordination: Working with various departments and managers regarding EHS, and specifically Ergonomics related to each job in the department.
Employee Training: Acting as plant safety training coordinator – developing and conducting employee safety training as required.
EHS Representative: Acting as liaison to regulatory agencies and incorporating EHS in departments.
STANDING – Must be able to stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours with established break/lunch times.
MOVING (self) – Must be able to walk 500 ft. approx. 100 times/shift.
HEARING/SPEAKING - Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to perform job properly.
REACHING – Must have the ability to reach or climb overhead approx. 3 ft.
BENDING/STOOPING – Must be able to bend or stoop to perform job duties as needed.
VISUAL ACUITY – Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes, and quality defects.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
· Previous manufacturing experience
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
· Computer Literate
· Prefer background with environmental or safety.
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Barnesville, GA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Machine Operator to join our team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable. Are you ready to shape the future with us?