Descrição da função
The Tread Operator is responsible for the operation of the equipment that produces treads, sidewalls, shoulder pads, sheet gum, belt edge, innerliner and squeegee for the commercial operations in this facility.
The operator directs a crew of two to five processing team members in the operation of his assigned equipment. Extruded/Calendared components will be produced by specifications to meet required targets.
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur.
• Use and monitor on and offline quality systems to ensure components meet specified quality standards.
• Work must be planned by the Tread Operator (Team Leader) to efficiently utilize equipment while meeting customer requirements. Instructions for operation will be both oral and written, with specifications for extrusion measurements having close tolerances.
• State, read, and react to Machine Set-Up Specifications (MSS)
• Responsible for checking supplies and utilities services needed for Extrusion
• Follow required SOPs (standard operating procedures) and WI (work instructions) while performing necessary tasks to obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and follow all 5s practices keeping working areas neat, clean, and orderly promptly and accurately.
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in case of machine problems.
• Read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality
• The Tread Operator’s time will be accurately and correctly indicated on timecards or time sheets or electronically according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with internal customer and suppliers, support personnel, crew members and supervision.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and company safety policies.
• The Tread Operator will use PIV (powered industrial vehicles) when necessary. Must be certified to operate a Forklift through the Safety Department. Responsible for the proper care and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
• Demonstrate the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Able to use process manufacturing suites (CGMS and EWM) to ensure proper workflow and quality needs.
• Medium to heavy work. Occasionally Exposed to heat, and dust. Constantly exposed to noise and moving equipment. Must be able to frequently stoop, bend, walk long distances, climb stairs, and lift 50 or more pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Push, pull medium to heavy.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
HS diploma /GED
Minimum of 6 months working in the Hot Prep area of Continental
1-3 year experience in manufacturing preferred
Able to lead and foster teamwork
Able to read and understand specifications
Able to follow written and oral instructions.
Able to work with limited supervision
Knowledge of Computers
Experience preferred using PIV (powered industrial) vehicles
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking an Tread Operator to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?