Radar Software Engineer (m/f/diverse)
Descrição da função
Sophisticated and high performant automatic alignment and self-calibration algorithms are crucial features towards the vision of autonomous driving. In your position as Radar Software Engineer (m/f/diverse), you are technically responsible for developing SW packages in the field of radar bring-up and calibration. You will drive the development of new features starting from early concept phase via rapid prototyping, design and implementation in embedded C code as well as integration and test in both simulation validation environment and on the ECU target platform in real vehicle setups. The functionalities developed by you are directly visible to internal and external stakeholders, providing the opportunity to build up a sound understanding of functional dependencies and customer needs, as well as communicating in a great network.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Development of SW packages in the area of radar sensor alignment and calibration
- Supporting early SW development for sensor production and design verification
- Development of concept and feasibility studies of new features
- Support of end-of-line alignment functional tests
- Communication with and support of internal and external stakeholders
- Integration and test in software in the loop systems as well as on ECU target platform
- Optimization of algorithms and functions for the target platforms, including resource monitoring
- Alignment with the functional team with respect to conception, realization and planning of releases as well as project progress
- Drive development activities according to automotive processes and standards
- Academic degree in engineering, physics or comparable
- Many years of professional experience with signal processing and software methods
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, statistic and mathematical modelling
- Experience in an automotive environment and ADAS sensor development would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of C or C++ programming, preferably also platform specific hardware accelerator usage (e.g. DSP, GPU programming)
- Experience with tools for rapid prototyping and modelling (e.g Matlab, Python)
- Fluent English language skills written and spoken
- Good German language skills are desirable
- Demonstrated strength in comprehension of complex contexts
- Strong communication skills and experience with customer interfaces
- Confident, reliable and autonomous working mode
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
O que oferecemos
What we offer:
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry
- An attractive compensation package that comes along with unique flexible working conditions like hybrid work, flexible working time, sabbaticals that help you to balance work, family and spare time
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another
- A large selection of internal and external training measures, supported by our group-wide learning platform and regular feedback meetings as part of our talent management
- A comprehensive range of additional benefits, such as various sports and wellness offers, JobRad and sick pay supplement
- Support for child care, subsidies for child-sick days and much more
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more
Help us shape the future of Autonomous Mobility!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.