ADAS R&D Embedded Software Test Engineer Senior
Descrição da função
Autonomous Mobility for You. Anywhere. Anytime. This is our vision, and in the Autonomous Mobility (AM) business area, we bring together all the competencies needed to make this vision a reality, and to put autonomous systems on the road. We strongly believe that Autonomous Mobility will enhance the quality of life of people and will increase the safety in the roads.
An ADAS/AM Embedded Software Test Engineer is required to test the product or system to ensure it functions properly and meets its requirements. Test Engineers rigorously examine products, using creativity and technical skills to identify bugs and devise testing systems. You will design, implement, and execute the necessary tests to verify the embedded software that enables the different ADAS/AM features. The Test Engineer also needs to be tactful and diplomatic to maintain a good working relationship with the software developers.
As ADAS/AM Embedded Software Test Engineer you will support the development of ADAS/AM systems which may include technologies such as RADAR, camera, LIDAR, other related vehicle sensing components and as well high-performance automotive computers, which together enable driving functions and other automated driving features to make Autonomous Mobility happen.
The ADAS Embedded Software Test Engineers aren't just manual testers. If a test/process can be automated the ADAS Test engineer is responsible for the automation. You will write scripts to automate testing and tools, so testing is performed on a continuous basis.
- Design, develop and execute Software test specifications (test cases, procedures, scenarios, and test plans) based on the customer requirements for ADAS products.
- Planning and tracking of tests (esp. test goals, test objects, test efforts, resources, and schedules).
- Contribute to the design of new test environments and develop test automation tools.
- Automate tests using test frameworks.
- Work with development teams to fulfil architecture & design requirements.
- Support the development of other engineers by training and helping them understand the technical aspects of our products.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics or similar.
- Understanding of the automotive software development life cycle (V-Model, ASPICE)
- Several years of experience in embedded software testing.
- Proficient with programming languages such as C, C++, or Python.
- Proficiency in CAPL scripting, CANoe, CANalyzer or similar tools.
- Knowledge of UDS diagnostics, CAN, and Automotive Ethernet.
- Debugging skills (log file analysis, use of oscilloscope, signal generator, …)
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS) and software lifecycle management tools (e.g., IMS Integrity, JIRA, Github)
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Critical thinking and decision-making ability.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual.
- Fluent communication in English (TOEIC 900+) for project and technical communication.
- Very good communication and presentation skills. Cross-cultural competence.
- Technical writing; be able to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Experience coaching/guiding less experienced engineers.
- Willingness to travel for training and Go-&-See (internationally and/or domestically).
- Experience in active safety electronics systems or other safety electronics products.
- Familiarity/experience with ADAS or autonomous driving systems.
- ISTQB Certification.
- Experience on AGILE methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge on ASIL and Functional Safety.
O que oferecemos
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.