R&D Systems Architect (PSS - Computing & Chassis Units)
Descrição da função
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in innovation. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable.
Part of Continental, the segment Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) is dedicated to save lives as leading supplier of innovative safety systems and we are seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented person to join our team!
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Systems Architect is a key role in our development process, he/she is responsible for, based on the development strategy and the project requirements, developing the system architectures that fulfill the given requirements; coordinating and coaching teams of technical experts to develop product functions, i.e. the decomposition of functions and requirements to discipline level (Algorithm, HW, Mechanics, SW), the specification of interfaces between these disciplines and their interaction; cooperating with the System Requirements Engineer, Systems Project Manager, Systems Lead Engineer, and the Domain Architects in analyzing and managing change requests
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF A SUCCESFUL SYSTEMS ARCHITECT:
• Identifies architectural deviations and performs feasibility of architecture/requirements during quote process and support architecture presentations at customer
• Designs and develops the system/product architecture (including product use cases, functional decomposition, and component decomposition) in consideration of promoting high reuse of platform reference system/product architectures
• Decomposes product architecture/product requirements to product functions and assigns physical components as well as discipline components (e.g. SW) in cooperation with involved disciplines
• Decomposes/refines product architecture/product requirements to discipline requirements in cooperation with involved disciplines
• Ensures that the architecture satisfies the given requirements (feasibility that requirements can be realized by using the existing architecture)
• Moderates the design process in cooperation with all involved disciplines: Coordinates the assigned technical experts from HW, SW, or test
• Coaches and consults the implementation of system/product architecture within disciplines architecture (HW, SW)
• Ensures architectural consistency in cooperation with the discipline architects
• Supports the project team in understanding architectures and architectural design decisions
• Considers Functional Safety aspects as an input from Functional Safety Management
• Triggers and monitors the assignment of implementation and test attributes for architecture documentation
3-5 years’ experience in Development of ECU’s or relevant experience
Demonstrated ability of intercultural working styles and experience in international teams
Experience in R&D and Project Management methods and tools
Experienced and knowledgeable in problem solving
Possesses an understanding of related technologies preferable Automotive
Possesses proficient communication, moderation, networking, skills in both English and Spanish
Knowledgeable of System/Product Architecture methods and the Architecture
Knowledgeable of the Requirements Engineering
Knowledgeable on the overall system, physical components and the domain components as well as the functions interfaces
Possesses technical understanding of the architecture (System, SW & HW)
Experienced in design techniques and methods
Possesses ability to communicate with requirement engineers, project managers and project team (for global and international teams)
Capable of analyzing technical problems
Knowledgeable of system integration
Experienced in architecture and requirement management tools (e.g. Doors, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect) and architecture languages (e.g. UML, SysML)
Knowledgeable or experienced in functional safety
Knowledgeable about modeling tool (Simulink/Matlab or other)
Understanding of project effort estimation and quotation process
Experience dealing with Automotive OEM
O que oferecemos
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
• Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
• Relocation Bonus for non-Queretaro Residents;
• Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
• Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
• In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
• Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
• Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
• Access to e-learning platforms;
• Career development opportunities (local and international);
• Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.