Descrição da função
• As a Boiler Operator you are responsible for operation of high pressure steam boilers and auxiliary equipment according to standard operating procedures
• You will place boilers in and out of service as instructed or as necessitated by malfunctioning equipment and or operating conditions or heating requirements
• You will use manual controls to place in or out of service all auxiliary equipment in proper sequence to start or shutdown boilers
• This position requires a thorough understanding and knowledge of all boiler and auxiliary support equipment, cooling towers, air compressors and air dryers to respond to any emergency that could jeopardize plant operations
• You must be able to safely and systematically switch between alternate fuel sources on short notice
• As Boiler Operator it is required to perform emergency, routine, and preventive maintenance assignments on high pressure steam boilers and auxiliary equipment associated with Boiler House operations
• In this role you will be required to perform or assist maintenance personnel with repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, pumps or bearings for equipment and machinery
• Your shift will be structured on nightshift (7pm-7am) on a four on four off schedule.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to work in industrial environment
• Must be self directed, able to work safely and efficiently with limited supervision
• Must be authorized to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
• Must be willing to work nights
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• Minimum six months operating a high pressure steam boiler as defined by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Labor and industry, and OSHA Compliance Management Boiler Safety
• Previous Mechanical experience and working knowledge of tools and equipment used in utility plant operations
O que oferecemos
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-Site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technicial elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking a Production Technician to join our team. The ideal candidates will be involved in the manufacturing of artificial leather product which involves a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and support the manufacturing line.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?