System Technical Project Lead (TPL) - Vehicle Dynamics (VED)
Descrição da função
The System Engineer in the position as Technical Project Lead (TPL) will work in a multi-disciplinary team involved in the design and development of electronic braking systems (EBS).
Technical Project Lead leads the cross functional engineering team to achieve the technical product targets (quality, timing, costs, performance) according to the agreed overall project schedule. Ensures the execution of all engineering activities including test & validation and product industrialization (if in project scope). Candidate is responsible for obtaining System (L1) MLC releases, and/or Product (L2) MLC Releases and Customer Delivery Releases.
The TPL is member of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and is the primary internal and external interface for the project related to the System Engineering Development discipline.
• Lead and drive the cross functional/product engineering team
• Ensures the achievement of the required product maturity in terms of cost, timing, and quality over the product life cycle
• Act as technical customer interface to stakeholders for cross functional engineering topics
• Prepare and drive technical decisions/options as input for the change control board and for management escalation
• Plan technical work packages (content/timing schedule/effort quality) according to the overall project schedule
• Plan and execute product (L2) / system (L1) MLCs according to defined schedule
• Ensures successful realization of the sample builds and structures interface to the plant
• Ensures that the product design meets the industrialization criteria
• Prototype planning for development
• Lead large projects according to the evaluation
• Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree in related technical discipline.
• Automotive development for 2-3 years (in associated development discipline).
• Minimum 2 years leadership experience in the area of Project Management or Technical Leader of a project of a reasonable size
• Experience in the role of project management, technical project management or functional lead in an international team of min. 6 employees for minimum 2 years
• Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Material Life Cycle (MLC)
• Project Management
• System Engineering: Basics
• Risk Management
• Functional Safety: Basics
• Existing industry standards and rules (e.g. ASPICE, IATF 16949)
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Handling intercultural differences
• Moderation, mediation and communication with different stakeholders
• Strong customer focus and quality orientation
• Strong interest to work in the automotive industry.
• Some travel is required for training and to support customer meetings.
• Master of Engineering or equivalent degree in related technical discipline.
• 7 years’ experience in the automotive industry in a variety of functions and Masters in Engineering preferred
• Formal Project Management Training or certifications preferred
• Experience in the area of product development and launch
• Experience with Electronic Braking preferred.
O que oferecemos
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services