ADAS Thermal Simulation Engineer for Autonomous Mobility (Iasi)
Descrição da função
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Analyze customer requirements that are relevant for thermal management;
- Perform Thermal FEA simulations (static and dynamic) for AM products (ADCU, lidar, radar, camera) regarding thermal optimization;
- Propose design improvements for mechanical, HW and Layout based on FEA simulations results and/or experience;
- Create reports intended for different purposes (for customer, internal, management or educational), while being able to adjust the level of details and complexity for each one;
- Calibrate the Thermal FEA simulations with the real-life tests;
- Involved in real life thermal tests.
You can be a perfect match if you have:
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanics/ Mechatronics, Physics, Mathematics, Machine Manufacturing or Material Science)
- Previous work experience in a relevant field (minimum 2-3 years)
- Knowledge of:
- Heat flow theory / Thermal transfer modeling and calculations;
- Thermal simulation software (FloTHERM, Ansys IcePack – good experience with at least one tool);
- FEM simulation principles;
- Materials properties and behavior;
- PCB material parameters and fabrication technology;
- Mechanical CAD tools (Catia, ProE - basic);
- Power electronics design principles;
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly complex ideas or concepts;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Self-learning capabilities;
- High level of commitment and motivation;
- Attention to detail;
- Good English language skills (written and spoken);
- Background in design of electronic automotive equipment is a plus;
- Fluid dynamics is a plus.
O que oferecemos
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time.
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As Thermal Simulation Engineer you will be integrated within FEA team and work at the development of new AM (Autonomous Mobility) products, as well for customization of existing components for different OEMs.