Software Engineer for Automation and Control Engineering (m/f/diverse)
Descrição da função
In the Conti Machinery (CM) complex tire building and special machines are developed, manufactured, and brought into service worldwide. The Software Engineering department at our location in Hanover-Stoecken develops and implements innovative software, HMI, and vision solutions for these machines. Further responsibilities are the commissioning of the machinery in our tire plants worldwide and providing high quality support, i.e., user support or trainings.
In order to strengthen our international team, we are offering a position as Software Engineer (m/f/diverse) in this exciting environment with the following tasks:
- Planning, drafting, programming, and calculating the control software for manufacturing systems and machines as well as their components with the focus on automation technology
- Optimization and adaptation of the control technology of machines and systems to best meet production requirements
- Start-up of machines and manufacturing systems: check of the software and machine functions in-house and worldwide in our customer plants
- Degree in electrical engineering, automation technology, informatics, or the natural sciences
- Specific knowledge of PLC programming and experience in the area of field bus
- Specific knowledge of safety PLC programming
- Knowledge in the area of drive engineering and motion control
- Know-how in machine safety regulations
- Very good German and English skills (written and spoken)
- Marked ability to work as part of a team combined with a high degree of self-reliance in dialing with customers on site and good networking and communication skills
- Target-, process- and quality-oriented mindset
- Willingness to travel worldwide, max 30% (driving license required)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
O que oferecemos
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.