Descrição da função
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Valparaiso, IN location is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Develop and maintain equipment for Hydraulic & Industrial hose industry. Become the primary technical contact between ContiTech and vendors. Design custom machines per customer and application requirements.
• Become a technical expert/leader in hydraulic & Industrial equipment design
• Design and maintain drawings for equipment
• Improve existing equipment designs to increase performance, satisfy industry specifications, and reduce cost
• Design custom equipment to meet customer and application requirements
• Find innovative solutions to solve customer problems
• Provide technical assistance to production
• Determine root cause and solve quality issues with equipment
• Interact with marketing, sales and in some cases directly with the customer to help grow sales
• Help develop and maintain all crimpers and hose assembly processing equipment
• Specify validation and verification testing for equipment
• Team player in the Hydraulic & Industrial Development groups
• Be willing to travel 20%
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Experience designing in the manufacturing industry.
• Experience in producing steel, plastic parts, assembly and minor electrical, preferred
• Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 9000, FEA and APQP experience is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
• Prior knowledge of basic metallurgical properties and hydraulic systems.
• Ability to focus on design details.
• Good communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Proven ability to effectively interact directly with customers.
O que oferecemos
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.