Software Engineer - Virtual Simulation for Autonomous Driving (m/f/d) REF9237A
A basic requirement for developing automated driving systems a state-of-the-art system & software development life cycle supporting rapid virtual prototyping.
Join our team and become a software engineer (m/f/diverse) for autonomous driving.
You will develop, test, and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the simulation and testing of software and therefore enable the development of high-quality state-of-the-art software.
The tasks to be pursued including:
- Integration of application software to a simulation platform
- Development of interfaces & functionalities for the simulation platform
- Developing, maintaining & adapting physical simulation models (e.g. sensors, environment, vehicle dynamics, perception,...)
- Aligning requirements & development goals for the development of the simulation platform toolchain
- Being part of an international development team, working closely together with internal and external software suppliers
- Academic degree in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or similar discipline
- Professional experience in embedded software development in automotive domain
- Experience with software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, SAFe etc.)
- Expertise in programming languages including but not limited to:
- Proficiency with tools for source code management, SW build & automation (e.g., CMake, GIT, Jenkins, Conan, Artifactory, Docker, YAML, PlantUML etc.)
- Very good English language skills written and spoken
- Good communication skills and ability to work in international teams
- Taking Initiative, good problem-solving skills & fostering Teamwork
- Quality orientation & solution-oriented approach
Nice to have:
- Experience in embedded software development in automotive domain
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink & CarMaker
- Understanding of autonomous driving systems and their development
- Knowledge in environment model development, sensor technology (camera, radar, lidar) & driving functions development
- Good German language skills
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more: https://www.continental.com/en/career/working-at-continental/what-we-offer/
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Autonomous driving is one of the major future fields of the automotive industry. Driverless technologies offer unsuspected potential for making mobility more sustainable, more comfortable and, most importantly, safer. And this market is booming forecasts show that it will multiply in the next few years. At the same time, as the variety of skills and capabilities needed to realize autonomous mobility is expanding, entirely new players are also entering the market. In a highly competitive market environment, we want to position ourselves as a driver of ideas and innovation leader.
In the Business Area Autonomous Mobility, we bundle all competencies to develop innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving. We want to pave the way for autonomous mobility - with a clear vision, a precise strategy, and an open and dynamic culture focused on collaboration and entrepreneurship.