Sr Communications Specialist
· Centrally plans, prepares and directs internal communication activities for the Sumter Tire Plant.
· Establishes and maintains good relations with the local media – as speaker of the Sumter Plant, constantly monitoring the media and informing management of the media topics related to the business.
· Defines, develops and coordinate in close liaison with the management board external communications plans, programs and activities that contribute to the delivery of the Continental vision, mission and business objectives and that build and strengthen the Continental brand, reputation and image, as an employer of choice and a good citizen of the community.
· Ensures alignment of communication to corporate and local business objectives, by constantly exchanging with and assisting the NAFTA and Corporate Communications.
· Establishes and maintains a good relationship with the local authorities, important institutions and the community. Authorized to represent Continental at meetings organized by local authorities or various institutions.
· Manages the internal communication with all internal stakeholders promoting Continental as attractive employer internally and implementing professional internal communication tools (newsletter, internal letters, info boards, internal TV and internal events) in order to ensure a motivated workforce in the Sumter plant.
· Leads activities and coordinates internal stakeholders and external resources to produce a professional monthly newsletter for the Sumter Plant employees. Personally coordinates research activities, e.g.interviews individuals and attends gatherings to obtain items for the newsletter (and other internal comm.), verify facts, and clarify information.
· Responsible for Sumter employee communications including digital signage (TV monitors), all-employee meetings, email communications, Intranet platforms, etc.. Recommends, writes, and upon approval disseminates information relevant to the plant to be published by the media.
· Timely communication of all plant publications to hourly and salary employees including mailers, letters, and brochures, ensuring plant bulletin boards and all other in-plant communications tools are maintained with pertinent, up-to-date information.
· Responsible for the publication of all in-plant promotions and advertisements with local media, managing advertising and incentives agency relations.
· Work with management personnel to develop and implement new communication programs. Consults and supports senior staff by designing and implementing major communication initiatives.
· Assist with the development and preparation of information for plant speeches. Defines, develops and implements with the management board a crisis communication strategy for Continental in Sumter, SC.
Additional safety responsibilities required for all employees:
· Provide communications training to Managers/Supervisors
· Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
· Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
· Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelors Degree in Communications/Public Relations or related field
· 2+ years of Communications or PR experience
· Strong MS Office skills
· Advanced Oral and Written Communication skills - English required
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Experience in Communications in the manufacturing industry
· 5+ years of Communications or PR experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Plant Management department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?