Software Test Manager for Passive Safety and Sensorics (Iasi)
Passionate about testing but also interested in creating safety systems for intelligent cars?
You can now make your passions meet in our Passive Safety and Sensorics business unit. We are part of the Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area and we link driving dynamics sensors and surrounding sensors with passive safety systems. Thus, we are able to develop effective integrated safety concepts.
The Passive Safety and Sensorics group is continuing to build and strengthen its core competences with the addition of a highly motivated and technically skilled Software Test Manager.
The Software Test Manager (SW TM) plans, prepares and conducts the software requirements test and plans and coordinates the release test activities.
The SW Test Manager is responsible for:
• Software Testing from definition through final validation;
• Planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing all Software Test activities (Bench, HIL);
• The TM is overall owner of software test campaigns and interface of the Software Test team with the project team.
As a Test Manager your responsibilities will be to:
• Define and release the software test strategy, ensuring efficient use and assignment of test equipment and test devices ( HIL, Bench);
• Plan and procure test equipment according to project plan;
• Review the software requirements for testability;
• Ensure proper test case definition and linking to known technical requirements;
• Ensure on time environment setup and test implementation;
• Plan and ensure the execution of validation and integration tests;
• Actively manage and optimize the use of test resources in the project (HC, equipment, time, material);
• Track test activities against the milestones, reporting the variations to the board;
• Steer the implementation of the risk response measures;
• Report of test status in Software Test Report, including MLC release recommendation.
• Agreement of necessary milestones and deliveries within the project team towards other stakeholders and the customer;
• Escalation of conflicts within the project team aiming for high efficiency and cooperation;
• Escalation of fact based situations towards project management and superior.
You can be a perfect match if you have:
• University Degree (technical profile: Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Physics, etc.);
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand complex systems;
• Demonstrated experience in software test;
• Demonstrated experience in requirements analysis/management;
• Demonstrated experience on PM methodology and Product Life Cycle;
• Basic knowledge of Automotive Communication Standards (CAN, Flexray);
• Competent on use of Automotive testing tools and Software (CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape, etc);
• Basic experience with programming languages such as C/C++, CAPL, Python, etc;
• Basic knowledge of electronics;
• Basic knowledge of microcontrollers;
• Very good English language skills (written and spoken).
We are sure that all the following describe you:
• Team player, excellent communication skills, work under pressure, proactive, self-motivated;
• Confidence in communication to internal or external customers;
• Passion for learning and a structured way of working;
Is an advantage:
• 2+ years on Automotive R&D experience;
• Knowledge of AUTOSAR standard;
• Knowledge of Safety critical systems design techniques and methods (e.g. ISO 26262).
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.