Software Quality Engineer for Smart Mobility (TM)
The main goal of the Project Quality Team is to ensure that the engineering organization develops our new automotive products according to the defined rules and guidelines. Even if we do not code or test the software ourselves, we are very proud of our contribution to the project success. We also believe a career in quality can be very interesting and rewarding.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an organized and attentive person;
- You like doing things right from the start;
- You typically make good plans and apply them consistently;
- You are analytical, curios about statistics and metrics;
- You want to develop as a speaker/trainer/coach;
- You are curios to interact with multiple R&D departments ( eg. SW, test, even production);
- You are interested to learn about SW development.
So have a look below at what your typical working day as a Software Quality Engineer might include:
- You are nominated as SW Q responsible for one or several Conti Smart Mobility engineering projects;
- You interact with the project SW development and SW testing teams to make sure everyone is working according to an agreed plan;
- You create and maintain the SW Q Assurance Strategy for the allocated projects;
- You make sure project documents are reviewed by the right people so that the teams know what they will code and test;
- You collect and analyze specific software key performance indicators that reveal what could be improved;
- You verify that the SW project teams are respecting our Conti development rules. If there are deviations from the agreed strategy, you take action to close them and ensure they don’t reoccur;
- You report the quality status to the involved parties: project team and their managers;
- You perform, prepare and participate to internal or customer audits;
- You may also interact with our customers in order to explain the software quality status;
- You may perform training on various process topics, coach project teams or moderate workshops.
When you join, you will become part of a local quality group with more than 20 people. We will teach you the basics of Software Quality Management and share with you details about the multiple career paths that you can choose from (e.g auditor, project quality specialist or quality leader)
A mentor will support you to gradually take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University Degree (Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics or other engineering fields);
- Basic programming knowledge;
- Basic electronics knowledge;
- MS Office Applications(Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent English;
- German language knowledge is considered an advantage;
- Previous knowledge in R&D (e.g. automotive SW development) is considered an advantage.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.