Network & Firewall Engineer CyberSec Program
To support and enable Continental's continuous development of secure and state of the art infrastructure services, we are looking for a Network & Firewall Engineer interested in assisting the build-out, embedding and adoption of firewall and proxy infrastructure for our Internet Services portfolio. Your main area of expertise will be the introduction, operation and further development of a globally used internet proxy anomaly detection and alarming. The Network & Firewall Engineer follows the main principles and design patterns of any modern, scalable, flexible and resilient infrastructure and is a central contact for Continental Business. You will work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with a highly qualified team, setting of in the direction of DevOps, cloud technologies and agile working. Your organizational unit is Continental Engineering Services.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Consulting, designing, and piloting network architectures and deployment of next-generation firewall and proxy services according to basic architecture best practices
- Communication and collaboration with external suppliers, e.g., managed service providers, software and hardware vendors, as well as internal departments, business units and group sectors
- Continuously improving the anomaly detection functionalities and operations, fostering innovations, network stability and reliability, security and cost efficiency
- Driving escalation and problem management processes, coordinating complex incident and problem resolution with internal IT teams and external service providers
- Delivering complex projects on time and possesses a strong background in networking technologies
- Leveraging tools to automate networking and firewall tasks
- Assisting customers with process improvements, documentation, training and usability efforts
- Architecting release processes, workflow and live deployments in complex production IT environments
- Performing feasibility studies and IT concepts, market research and vendor evaluations
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in the networking area: network topologies, IP protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, IPSec, SSL, VPN, DNS), Firewall & WEB Security solutions
- Knowledge in agile frameworks, ITSM processes and DevOps (e.g., Ansible, Terraform) is a plus
- Experience in network automation and anomaly detection
- Experience in steering external service providers and partners
- Ability to solve complex network problems/issues using appropriate diagnostic and monitoring tools
- Experience in working with Group Cybersecurity on infrastructure or application security compliance and remediation activities (e.g.: Risk Acceptance, Security Configuration Baseline)
- Good communication skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Eagerness to learn and develop
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.