- Performs activities pertaining to the maintenance, repair and splicing of conveyor belts in accordance with customer needs, company policies, state and federal regulations.
- Install new conveyor belt, change out of existing conveyor belt, repair or splicing of conveyor belt, pulley lagging / changing of pulleys and maintenance or changing of mechanical systems that transfer conveyor belt.
- Follows instructions / leadership of Crew Leader or Project Manager to ensure all aspects of the job are covered to avoid any time consuming delays as well as any hazard and or task training that may be required before the task begins.
- Ensures equipment is maintained in proper working order to avoid any injuries and work areas are kept clean and free of hazards which may endanger the health and/or safety of any employees.
- Performs work according to instruction from Crew Leader/ Project Manager to ensure quality and satisfaction is achieved. Inspects customers surrounding equipment to assure and help prevent costly repairs and damage to new material.
- Knowledge of mining operations; surface and underground.
- Training certifications as required by federal and state mine safety agencies.
- Knowledge in the maintenance of conveyor belts including changing out, splicing and vulcanizing.
- Ability to read and understand splice diagrams and blue prints associated with conveyors.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attention to details, able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must not require relocation assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What We Offer
Excellent benefits - including insurance and PTO - starting on the first day of employment.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
The Apache Junction, AZ location is seeking Belt Technicians to join our team.