Advanced Purchaser Material Group
▪Responsibility to control the sourcing process for pre-selection of supplier:
- Ensure availability of NDA with each involved supplier
- Involvement of suppliers at a very early point of time
- Gathers the technical drawings and specifications
- Request for quotation (RFQ) and summary (SDS)
- Analyzes quotations, delivery timings, supplier capacity and associated supplier quality / logistic performance to provide a sourcing recommendation for the parts assigned under her / his responsibility.
- Presents sourcing recommendation file to key functional areas and requests authorization to proceed with award (Quality, Logistics, Program Manager and Category Team).
- Adherence to supplier and material strategies
- Support/prepares final negotiations in conjunction with the supplier responsible Category Purchase and (global) Category Management
- Ensure in time Supplier Component Review e.g. by organizing/inviting the meetings
- Create and update the Sourcing Documentation until official e-sign
- Ensure a smooth and comprehensive hand-over to Plant Purchasing and Supplier responsible Category Purchaser
▪ Responsibility for technical change tracking and negotiation until SOP (Cost Tracking)
▪ Support to control the supplier-related milestones during the product development phase in-time sourcing:
▪ Continuous feedback of APQP / PPAP status from SQM
▪ Follow-up on supplier and material status
▪ Drive and control the change management process for components toward the suppliers
▪ Manages crisis situations with suppliers and finds alternatives in the event of supplier failure or risk of supply disruption.
- Bachelor Degree
- English (business language / commercial topics).
- Procurement Process and Product Life Cycle (PLC) knowledge
- Purchasing Management
- Project management skills, tools and techniques
- Technical understanding of specific components
- Commercial knowledge, includes contract law etc.
- Management skills
- Tools and techniques which ensures a strategic
- Problem solving and decision making tools and techniques
- Risk Management
- Team skills
- Conflict management
- Communication skills (Presentation and Negotiation techniques to operate in different cultures)
At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services
Non Production Material & Spare Parts Buyer
SQM Supplier Quality Management PRC - Functional Plastics and Rubbers
SQM CCI/Category - Supplier Quality Management PLD (Decorative Plastics)