Smart Infrastructure - Hardware Engineer
In Continental, we are working towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate thousands of fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future mobility and transform ideas into mature solutions.
The Hardware Engineer is a key member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for developing the next generation of Smart Infrastructure Systems that will enable a safe and clean driving environment. This includes a variety of activities which are integral towards ensuring our safety critical systems are developed according to industry best practices and leading-edge methodologies.
- Create customer-specific hardware solutions for Smart Infrastructure Systems, such as, sensor integration, communication, IO, power supply.
- Hardware development from planning, integration to final validation.
- Specify, design, calculate and simulate hardware modules and schematics according to system requirements, internal design rules, and processes.
- Create HW test specifications, perform HW tests and create test reports.
- Plan and perform hardware releases including all necessary activities, release documentation and reviews.
- Communicate technical topics with customers and engineering teams in a global setup.
- Investigate problems and find solutions jointly with the engineering team.
- Create innovative hardware concepts.
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, electronics, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Professional experience in hardware product development.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronic schematics.
- Experience working with ECAD tools (Zuken preferred).
- Knowledge of embedded systems.
- Familiar with EMC, PCB design guidelines, and PCB manufacturing.
- Good English communication, spoken and written.
- Good planning skills.
- Nice to have:
- Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in mechatronics, electronics, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge on ethernet hardware and HW standards.
- Knowledge on communication standards.
- Knowledge of automotive bus systems (CAN, CAN-FD, Automotive Ethernet, SPI, I2C).
- Knowledge of radars technologies and camera sensors.
- Knowledge of embedded software development.
- Experience in Project Management.
- What we offer:
- Participation in exciting and highly innovative projects.
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility.
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our pilot deployments.
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills.
- A friendly, respectful, and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
Pay for Performance:
• Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
• Relocation Bonus for non-Queretaro Residents;
• Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
• Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
• In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
• Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
• Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
• Access to e-learning platforms;
• Career development opportunities (local and international);
• Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.