Cold Prep Operator II
The Cold Prep Operator II is responsible for the operation of the equipment that produces body ply, breaker. wire chafer and slit gum components for the commercial operations in this facility. The Operator II is responsible for ensuring quality components, ensuring adequate stock, controlling proper inventories, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines.
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur.
• Use and monitor on and offline quality systems to ensure components meet specified quality standards.
• Work must be planned by the BAC #02 to efficiently utilize equipment while meeting customer requirements. Instructions for operation will be both oral and written, with specifications for extrusion measurements having close tolerances.
• Must have the ability to state, read, and react to Machine Set-Up Specs (MSS)
• Responsible for checking supplies and utilities services needed for Extrusion
• Follow required SOPs (standard operating procedures) and WI (work instructions) while performing necessary tasks to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and follow all 5s practices keeping working areas neat, clean, and orderly.
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in case of machine problems.
• Ability to read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality.
• The Operator II time will be accurately and correctly indicated on timecards or time sheets or electronically according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
HS diploma /GED
1-3-year experience in manufacturing preferred
Able to lead and foster teamwork
Able to read and understand specifications, follow written and oral instructions, Able to work with limited supervision
Knowledge of Computers
Experience preferred using PIV (powered industrial) vehicles
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?