Our Norfolk, NE location is seeking a Development Engineer to join our team to support our Fluids unit. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Become a technical expert/leader for hydraulic fitting design
- Design and maintain drawings for hydraulic fittings (over 2650 sku’s)
- Improve fitting designs to increase performance and reduce cost
- Design custom fittings to meet customer and application requirements
- Find innovative solutions to solve customer problems
- Lead and maintain technical communication between Continental and fitting vendors
- Provide technical assistance to vendors for machining, bending, annealing, plating and crimping hydraulic hose fittings
- Determine root cause and solve quality issues with hydraulic fittings
- Interact with marketing, sales and in some cases directly with the customer to help grow sales
- Specify validation and verification testing for new hydraulic hose fitting designs
- Team player on the hydraulic hose and fitting development group
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years experience designing & manufacturing
- 4+ years experience designing & manufacturing hydraulic fittings.
- Machining steel parts on screw machines and CNC’s.
- Metallurgical standards
- Annealing and zinc plating steel parts
- Hot & cold forging, end forming
- Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 9001 and APQP experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks proficient
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Able to focus on design details
- Good communicator
- Able to effectively interact directly with customers
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Positive attitude
- No Visa Sponsorship for this role
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.
Assembly Process Specialist
New Products Launch Engineer
(Senior) Specialist Product Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance
Automotive Engineer - Ford, Stellantis, and Rivian
Product Industrialization Summer Internship
Embedded Linux Software Engineer
TPM Industrial Engineering Internship