Senior/Principal Engineer, Ecosystem Architect
- Be part of a multi-national team of R&D engineers responsible for Automotive Architecture and Networking products for our OEM customers.
- Look forward to learning innovative technology trends in Automotive like 4G/5G connectivity, UWB localization, High performance computers, Cloud connectivity, Automotive ethernet, Firmware update over the air (FOTA), etc in the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- We are looking for motivated person who can envision vehicle ecosystem subject beyond classic vehicle functions and having clear track records in past projects. We aim to take holistic approaches across products, platforms in collaboration with many stakeholders. In this regard, it requires good collaboration & communication skills in addition to embracing mindsets that wrestling for VUCA characteristic tasks and pioneering to pave a new way voluntarily to result outcomes as responding to market needs in advance. At the end, our deliverable shall be tangible & practically usable.
- Our tasks are mainly system architecture topics with focus on "vehicle" and one level above "environment" views rather than specific function and product.
- Define operational view from Vehicle to Environment and vice versa (e.g connection to Cloud / IoT devices)
- Define standard interface between Environment and Vehicle at Functional & Logical views
- Prepare Architectural proposal in view of data monetization, subscription business model and SWaaP trends
- Contribute in Project acquisition activity / Proof-of-Concept (PoC)
- Trend scouting for market, technology evolution & OEM strategy to result ecosystem architecture framework
- Bachelor or Masters/degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 application project experiences in Chassis or Infotainment domains
- Good understanding on Architecture, Requirement Engineering or System Test
- Basic knowledge on Functional Safety Management (ISO26262)
- Experience in IBM DOORS and Variant Management
- Ability to work in international teams and with international customers and willing to travel overseas
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.