Facilities Engineer -- Energy Management
You will play a key role in monitoring and managing utility usage to reduce resource consumption at the location. Assure energy management is or will be established, implemented, maintained, and continually improved.
- Heading up the energy management team, involving external resources as required
- Implement, maintain, and continuously develop the energy management system in accordance with EN ISO 50001:2018, keeping it updated in cooperation with the higher-level function for Continental SSL
- Implement and maintain an effective energy monitoring system
- Conducting analyses to determine energy efficiency measures
- Budgeting necessary funds for capital expenditure or expenses relating to energy efficiency projects
- Implementing efficiency and best practice solutions
- Supporting capital investments for energy efficiency projects
- Maintaining an action plan for monitoring energy efficiency measures
- Obtaining information on compliance with legal requirements and ensuring compliance with relevant energy laws [legal compliance]
- Visualizing and communicating Continental-wide plant-specific energy efficiency targets and e-KPIs for the location
- Organizing and conducting employee training on conscious energy use
- Networking with other SSL locations and Continental Business Units
- Preparing annual management review report
- Reducing energy consumption through sustainable alternative measures
- Perform audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or efficiency initiatives
- Statistical analysis of data to support energy use, reduction, and equipment efficiency
- Keep accurate records and regularly collect energy monitoring data
- Benchmark energy consumptions against best practices guidelines
- Encourage use of renewable and sustainable energy resources
- Create policies and systems for buying energy and helping with contract negotiations
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-Site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in related field
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing facilities and energy reduction projects
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC, control, electrical systems, and proficiency with energy analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of cost and savings studies and incorporating energy conservation measures.
No Visa Sponsorship
Preferred Certifications: - Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification obtained through the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).CEP Certified Energy Procurement Professional - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) certification obtained through the Green Building Council Institute (GBCI).
Additional Preferred Experience In: - Commissioning, Construction Engineering, Electrical Design, Facilities Engineering, HVAC, or P.E is desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking a Engineering Analyst to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Facilities Engineer -- Energy Management
Maintenance Technician A - 2nd or 3rd shift
Engineering, Technology & Facilities Manager