Sales Engineer, Surface Solutions
- Detect opportunities and aquire co-development projects that are potential series programs thru. customer project teams and technical counterpart.
- Support Sales during aquisition by preparing technical documentation, consultation, product planning to provide material
- Provides technical support and data to the sales team for the price calculation, consults and provides technical knowledge to the sales team, product group developpers and production locations
- Support sales department (PM and KAM) by choosing and developing the right products and for new projects
- Support ContiTech Value Selling by providing engineering background.
Strategy / Planning
- Support research technical strategy of JOEM and technical trend of Japanese automotive industry, and feedback to responsible department of SSL.
New Business / Product / Technology
- PM: Manage projects and sub-projects to achieve development-gates in accordance to customers schedule; Elaborate/evaluate feasibility checks for RFQ involving the technical service department
- R&D: Develop existing materials in cooperation with global R&D & Sales Teams to meet JOEM requirements
- Design: Propose surface design & product technology to JOEMs and support new developments, support grain and colour development until mass production approval with given project flows and budgets; Research technical and Design trend of Japanese automotive industry, and share with responsible department of SSL.
- Application Engineering: Contact person for technical customer processes. Support customer trials on-side; tracking trends for interior processing technolgies of JOEM.
Quality / Productivity
- Responsiblity for reaching the specific, technical requirements of the respective OEM
- Ensures quality awareness, achivement of customer quality targets and customer service commitments
- Recommendations of technical possibilities (machine parameter, tool, etc) for processing our product portfolio
- Resolving quality probelms on customer side by analysis, determination of corrective actions and coordination with production plants
External / Internal Relations
- Develop and maintain the relationship with customer technical stakeholder departments and key persons in charge thru. various development projects - built on trust and sustainability
- Organize/attend technical exhibition such like Tech-day and TMS, and promote ContiTech products and engineering capability."
Organization Building / Support
- Support strategic initiatives and projects of ContiTech for JOEM customers on request
Education / Certification
- Technical education in the field of plastics processing, engineering, preferable with a bachelor´s degree
- Expert of production and application processes of Surface materials
- Expert of the whole product portfolio of Automotive Interiors (foils, films, upholstery materials)
- Technical lead of customer projects in the automotive industry
Project / Process Experience
- Expert for customer related production processes
- Project management based on APQP
- Surface Design Developments
Intercultural / International Experience
- Language skills: fluent in English
- High level of interpersonal skills (communication, integrety etc.) and resiliance
- International project experience recommended
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.