System Safety Analyst - Vehicle Dynamics (VED)
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking System Safety Analyst to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The System Engineer in the position as System Safety Analyst (SSA) will work in a multi-disciplinary team involved in the design and development of electronic braking systems (EBS). Perform safety analysis on system level. Identify critical topics in the specification and in the chosen implementation. Discuss these topics with the development engineers (system- and component level) and improve the product design. Perform and moderate customer reviews of the analysis results. This will include a variety of activities, which are integral toward ensuring our safety critical EBS systems are developed according to state-of-the-art requirements and methodologies, like planning, coordinating and directing the product development and the project team, respectively the systems sub team, by using defined processes, methods and tools.
- Address potential technical risk in the system release checklist
- Request information about the intended function (specification) which is object of analysis activities
- Provide technical risk by work products as there is System-FMEA and System-FTA for control functions (e.g. ABS) and system elements (e.g. Wheel Speed Sensors) in cooperation with various engineering teams
- Escalate project risks and issues to management
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and communicate and coordinate with worldwide counterparts.
- Document safety analysis activities (reports) and create/manage customer specific work products (System-FMEA, FTA).
- Change and Problem Resolution Management
- Perform system safety analysis (FMEA, FTA) on system level for electronic brake systems.
- Perform analysis of system safety concepts in cooperation with project teams and technical teams (EE/ME/SW).
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree in related technical discipline.
- 2-5 years in associated development discipline: Automotive, aerospace or similar industry development
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Material Life Cycle (MLC), System Engineering, Functional Safety: (ISO26262) or similar safety standards
- Knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics (On Vehicle and System Level - good to have, not mandatory)
- Knowledge of FMEA & FTA Methodologies
- Existing industry standards and rules (e.g. ASPICE, IATF 16949)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Handling intercultural differences.
- Strong quality orientation and Team Spirit in a multicultural environment.
- Strong interest to work in the automotive industry.
- Some travel is required for training and to support customer meetings.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Master Degree in of Engineering or equivalent degree in related technical discipline
- 5-7 years in associated development discipline: Automotive, aerospace or similar industry development
- Knowledge/experience in: Agile development methods, System Engineering( Advanced), Functional Safety (Advanced) and Embedded software development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.