Creeler (1st or 2nd shift) - Pay Range $15.75
Position Title: Creeler
Sector: Manufacturing Site
This employee participates in any improvement that is necessary to achieve customer satisfaction. Total commitment to ContiTech Quality Management System is a part of every employee’s responsibility in order to achieve and exceed the Company’s Quality Objectives.
Responsible for implementing and following 6S guidelines.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Creels looms, twisters, to change style of yarn or to replace exhausted yarn packages: Places yarn packages on spindle of creel, according to supervisor's instructions, color-coded spools, or number on yarn packages.
- Threads yarn through eyelet plate or ties yarn ends to ends of yarn from preceding package to maintain continuous yarn supply.
- Cuts yarn ends from knots, using scissors, and discards yarn ends in waste container to prevent entanglement of yarn while moving through creel.
- Removes old yarn from machines before changing to different size or type of yarn.
- Cleans dust and lint from creel and repair yarn breaks in creel.
- May replace yarn packages or spools when faulty yarn appears.
- Observe all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Begin each shift walk all creels and determine priority of work to do, unless otherwise specified by Supervisor.
- Remove empty packages or piece packages from creels.
- Creel full packages at all locations of running ends.
- Air Splice, tie in and or thread all creeled packages.
- Sometimes tie in packages and pull ends to the front of creel.
- Stack all empty tubes in returnable boxes.
- Place plastic bags in container.
- Stack all dividers at each creel on 1 pallet.
- Relocate pallets to end of creel for material handler.
- Monitor all creels throughout the shift, creel as needed the prevent runouts.
STANDING- Stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours
MOVING (self)- Walk 500ft approx.10 times/per shift
MOVING (materials)- Lift creel packages weighing up to 30 lbs. approx. 562 times/shift. Push wheeled boxes with 100-175 lbs of force from 50-100 ft. 10 times/shift. Pull 25 ends per row
forward with approx. 10-20 lbs of force for approx. 300 times/shift.
HEARING/SPEAKING- Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to perform job properly.
REACHING- Reach overhead up to 24" approx. 300 times/shift. Reach downward and laterally up to 24" approx. 300 times/shift. Reach forward up to 18" approx. 600 times/shift.
BENDING/STOOPING- Bend over up to 30" approx. 300 times/shift.
VISUAL ACUITY- Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes, and quality defects. Must have good perception of quality.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses.
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking an MRO/Stores Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.