Planner / Scheduler
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Planner / Scheduler to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Teams with the workgroup to improve safety and ergonomics.
- Create and communicate the daily production schedules.
- Manage key raw material inventory levels from start to finish.
- Manage the raw material flow and usage to eliminate & reduce waste.
- Manage Work in Process and Finished Goods Inventory.
- Set production orders with Customer Service to assure key customer needs are being met expeditiously.
- Reduce manufacturing lead times.
- Employ Lean concepts such as Kanban, while working in the value stream.
- Coach and direct workgroup associates in accordance with plant policies and the terms of the bargaining agreement.
- The incumbent must also be the leader of Team-Based Self-Directed Work Group concepts for the business.
- Key leadership results will revolve around the inclusion of all employees on the team to use key metrics and Lean tools to improve the results of the Business.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1-year experience managing products
- Ability to work in a manufacturing setting making quick decisions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Knowledge of lean standard work concepts and their applications to manufacturing job activities.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- No relocation offered. The position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Experience with production scheduling is a plus
- Experience in Customer Service is a plus
- Working knowledge and managing products in SAP
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Excel
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Operations/Logistics Intern - Summer 2023
Group Leader - Supply Chain BMN2 (shift 6pm-6am)
Material Handler - BMN1 (6pm to 6am)