ADAS Virtual Testing & Simulation Engineer
For our Engineering Location Porto we search for dynamic and motivated people to join our Virtual Testing & Simulation Team that works on verification & validation of driver assistance and autonomous driving systems.
Our team develops virtual testing tools with 3D simulation environments (CarMaker, CARLA/Unreal Engine, UNIGINE) to support vehicle-level simulation and conduct algorithmic testing or automated driving functions assessment. Also, we integrate Continental’s software modules to deliver Software-in-the-Loop, Hardware-in-the-Loop or Vehicle-in-the-Loop test systems and cooperate with requirements specification and/or software development teams in the context of state-of-the-art application projects
- Develop and maintain simulation environments for driver assistance and automated driving functions assessment
- Integrate test driving functionality onto simulation environments according to project requirements specification
- Support development of automation toolchains and CI/CD pipelines for test reporting and evaluation
- Align requirements specification and provide development support to test managers and software-level developers
- Create documentation and test reports for project releases
- Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics, or similar Engineering areas
- Robust object-oriented programming skills (Python, C++)
- Proficiency in version control (Git) and command-shell scripting (Bash)
- Motivation to contribute to the latest driver assistance and autonomous driving solutions
- Aptitude for mutual collaboration and teamwork, as for continuous learning and self-growth
- Solid verbal/written communication skills
- English fluency
- Willingness to travel (<10% of the time) to support knowledge transfer and global coordination of activities
Preferred Qualifications (is a plus):
- Previous experience with verification & validation methods, X-in-the-Loop architectures, or software development in the automotive industry
- Previous experience in 3D simulation engines (CarMaker, CarSim, Unity, Unreal Engine, UNIGINE, or other)
- Previous experience with build automation tools (Cmake, Make)
- Previous experience with CI/CD platforms (Jenkins)
- Previous experience with requirements management tools (IBM DOORS, IBM Jazz)
- Proficiency in agile software development methodologies and tools (Jira)
What we offer:
- Exciting and diversified projects.
- An inside in innovative technologies of the automotive industry.
- Wide network to research and development parties.
- Modern leadership culture.
- Individual choice of working hours.
- Promotion of personal development.
- Participation to the company’s success.
If you meet the requirements we will get in touch within the next 15 days.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Since 2006, Continental Engineering Services (CES) has been active worldwide as an independent operating provider of comprehensive engineering services. The extensive know-how and creativity of our engineers, as well as access to Continental’s entire technology pool, provides a unique position for our development: the flexibility and speed of small engineering teams combined with the strength of an internationally leading company. In addition, our adaptability enables established mass production technology to become a reality for small series and applications at economical costs.