Quality Technician I / 3rd Shift / Site 1
- Perform timely testing and analysis on Production parts (NOK’s, process variation, etc.) to determine root cause and provide information / data for corrective actions.
- Monitor Production line data (SPC) to focus and prioritize part analysis and investigations to protect the customer and lower scrap rates
- Perform testing and analysis on Production parts (NOK’s, process variation, etc.)
- Utilize data monitoring tools to highlight analysis priorities.
- Support (Production, QAP, IT, etc.) in establishing optimized and updated Production data monitoring methods and alert triggers.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge / information (as necessary) on product and station drawings, specifications, etc.
- Document findings into individual reports and/or trend information.
- Work with Sr. Quality Engineer (Jidoka), QAP and FA Operators to establish optimized Production line analysis strategy and support accordingly (Jidoka meetings, training…).
- Support Plant and Worldwide meetings as needed (Fast response, Jidoka, Internal Defect Management, Scrap Reduction, etc.)
- Plan and carry out special studies as needed to lower NOK & reject rates or gather data for changes to the process or product.
- Maintain testing and analysis equipment, perform calibration activities.
- Associates degree or 2 yrs relevant experience
- Associates degree in technical field and 1-2 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Experience using SAP
- Experience operating test and teardown equipment (test stands, measuring devices, lathe, etc.)
- Knowledge of SPC
- Read and Follow Work Instructions
- Ability to use MS Office, email
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a lead in automated driving. Through our pioneering and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable.