ADAS Embedded Software Engineer
In the Budapest Artificial Intelligence Development Center of Continental, Autonomous Mobility, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class perception and fusion systems.
Our teams develop a modular and scalable Engineering Platform and Ecosystem, a reliable foundation for a wide range of ADAS functions (automated parking, safety systems, cruising functions). It coveres scalable data pipeline development, datalake implementation, software platform development and CI/CD solutions as well.
The "Automated Driving Control Unit" (ADCU) is the brain of the car which provides a platform to host a wide range of functions needed for assisted and automated driving functionalities.The main task of the project is to provide a safe execution environment where all of these features should run with high performancy reliably.
- Low-level embedded system development, Driver development, Application level development including: Event Data Recorder (EDR), Memory services, State management, Bootloader
- Participation in the creation and analysis of the system and software architecture
- Coordination of the hardware-software interfaces with the respective departments
- Work in a world-wide team of experts in the fields of system engineering, control algorithm development, software, hardware, system test and industrialization. Example of "best-of-class" engineering
- University degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in a technical area: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 5+ years of experience in automotive embedded software design and development
- Proficiency in C/C++ (5+ years)
- Hands-on experience in classic AUTOSAR / adaptive AUTOSAR
- Strong debugging skills
- Good command of English
- Collaborative, open-minded, team player attitude
- Nice to have:
- Experience in agile software development methods
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects
- Ability to directly deliver software into real products that will save lives on the roads of the world
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and to one of Europe’s largest in-house GPU clusters
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Bonus system
- Annual flexible benefit (Cafeteria)
- Private health insurance
- Employee discounts
- Sport pass support
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Easily accessible, modern office located in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square)
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services