NVH Test Engineer
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Uvalde, TX R&D Proving Grounds location is seeking a NVH Test Engineer to join our team.
- Primarily responsible for NVH testing for tire pass-by noise at Uvalde Proving Grounds
- Prepare and Conduct pass-by noise testing
- Plan test priority and tech support activities with NVH team
- Maintain functionality and calibration for test equipment, specifying and obtaining new equipment as necessary
- Needs minimal guidance; self-starter
- Due to weather and temperature requirements, earlier or later work start times may be necessary especially during late-Spring through early-Fall.
- Testing occurs 4 days per week onsite. Remote work option is available one day per week on non-testing days.
- Quality Systems support for test departments at the facility
- In-vehicle NVH testing as necessary
- Maintain and update test procedure documentation
Relocation and/or Signing Bonus may be an added benefit for this position.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree required, Mechanical or Electrical Preferred
- NVH testing experience
- Regulatory testing experience
- Quality Systems knowledge
- Understanding of NVH data acquisition equipment and software
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental is able to offer visa support and relocation for internal candidates or for those individuals who hold existing valid employment visas.
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of NVH tire or related testing in the automotive or tire industry
- Quality Systems certifications
- Automotive or tire proving ground driving experience
- Data acquisition experience while operating a test vehicle
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.