Certification Supervisor for Cellular Device
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Deer Park, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Supervisor of Cellular Device Certification to join our team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Directs and guides the activities of a research or technical design function responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating components and processes used in the generation, manipulation, transmission and storage of electricity. Evaluates final results of research and development projects to assure accomplishment of technical objectives. Prepares and presents reports outlining the outcome of technical projects and makes recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
This position will manage a team of NAD and Mobile Network Operator (MNO) approval engineers in different regions. They will provide subject matter expertise to complete 3GPP compliance and facilitate MNO Approvals and will ensure Continental’s automotive wireless devices are compliant with MNO requirements. This position will be aligned to support multiple NAD and product lines.
Managing projects and project schedules
• Become a member of the Central Engineering (CE) NAD team and actively participate in development of wireless 5G/4G modules, CV2X and GNSS products
• Develop processes and tools for NAD certification and MNO approvals
• Become a technical liaison with international TCU development teams.
• Represent Continental and act as a main point of contact during technical discussions, device development and testing in USA and other regions.
• Review MNO requirements for their applicability to Connected Car use-case and facilitate implementation of critical features.
• Conduct wireless testing in Lab and Live Network environment for 3GPP and field tests, collect logs and troubleshoot issues.
• Document certificate testing status and drive issue resolution.
• Support local regulatory testing if required.
• Manage global team in different time zones
• Interfacing with customers, wireless operators and certification test houses
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience in wireless communication industry
• Capable of demonstrating advanced understanding of Project Management, Service Management, or Relationship Management principles.
• Proven application of analytical and troubleshooting skills in wireless communication industry.
• Understanding of PIXIT, Cellular protocol, and 3GPP tests.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English with the ability to communicate technical issues in English in an easy-to-understand manner
• Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with Qualcomm’s test tools.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
• Prior experience using spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Must be able to arrange and participate in test drives to evaluate device performance on local networks.
• Master’s degree in engineering field
• Experience directly managing an international team
• 3 years of experience directly managing people
• Capable of advanced abilities and knowledge in practices and techniques gained through experience and exposure to complex and diverse techniques, theories, and principles.
• Capable of careful analysis of the different possible courses of action and then selecting the best solution for implementation.
• Capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas. Lead in executing collaborative research projects in cooperation with colleagues and project partners.
• Capable of identifying a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services