Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
- Responsible for preparing and approving import and export documentation and ensuring compliance for international shipments and applying global requirements for Continental Automotive locations in North America.
- Responsible for screening customers and ultimate destinations via SAP - Global Trades services module to ensure compliance with EAR Part 744. Lead and coordinate Continental's C-TPAT program.
- Ensure compliant valuation declarations and adjustment reporting to relevant customs authorities for export and import filings for North America.
- Provide and support the training of Continental Automotive employees covering trade-related topics.
- Work cross-functionally to verify business partners against denied persons and other Government published restricted parties list utilizing the GTS module in SAP and other resources.
- Identifying documents required for shipments between the source and destination countries.
- Analyze and classify goods for import and export. Coordinate classification updates to SAP system.
- Work with internal functional contact and Continental's outside Trade Service Provider to complete and or obtain valid Harmonized Tariff Classification, Schedule B, ECCN numbers, license determinations, and license applications and to assist Continental employees with their export or import shipments. Maintained and coordinated online shipping systems supporting sites with export filing processes.
- Ensure compliant valuation declarations and adjustment reporting to BIS and CBP for export and import filings considering price changes, and adjustments post declaration with regard to transfer pricing, assists, R&D charges, and other applicable changes.
- Ensure compliant value reconciliation filings and other post-entry adjustments for imports. Work with Finance resources to establish valuation reporting identifying adjustments to the declared value.
- Work with Trade Service Provider and broker to file adjustments compliantly.
- Lead C -TPAT program to ensure necessary compliance with CBP's C-TPAT program guidelines.
- Complete annual C-TPAT security profile reviews and make updates to the C-TPAT portal.
- Coordinate the solicitation of partner supply chain security surveys and evaluate results making recommendations of necessary steps to correct weaknesses.
- Coordinate with internal functions to ensure C-TPAT program is properly documented and maintained. Perform and support C-TPAT site assessments as needed.
- Coach and oversee Trade Compliance Specialists, contracted staff, and trade compliance colleagues in North America
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested by direct management.
- Perform AES filings and audits and create and maintain records, support export screenings, and export documentation for audit purposes.
- File EEIs, SLI, and complete ECCN classification requests to BIS and support filing of export licenses as needed.
- Key user and responsible for daily updates with SNS (Shipping Notification System) or other electronic shipping modules.
- Work with internal and external business partners to document, control and implement business processes, policies, and work instructions as required.
- Create, deliver and oversee training programs for North America Foreign Trade Compliance.
*** Continental is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, process flows, email, and awareness of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP
- Understanding of logistics processes and carrier management
- Knowledge of North American Customs laws and requirements
- Knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- AES/ACE Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Customs & Trade Compliance industry
- Available after business hours and on weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Ability to lead others
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business/Business Management or similar or minimum 5 years relevant experience
- U.S Customs Brokerage License
- Certified Export Specialist (CES) through NCBFAA
- Lean Sigma greenbelt or equivalent
- 7 years of relevant experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 235,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Part-Time Material Handler I/II
Material Handler I/II Nights (3rd Shift)