Telematics Vehicle Test Engineer
The Architecture and Network (AN) group in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Telematics Vehicle Test Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to work on the next generation of connected vehicles? Come join us and help reduce pollution saving trips to the dealership by delivering remote diagnostics and Over The Air Software updates. Help us save lives by enabling vehicles with Automated Emergency Calls. Enable the connected car with us!
- Analyze and review requirements to be tested on vehicle and test benches.
- Design, Implement and validate test cases for various telematics features at the vehicle level.
- Define and maintain traceability of test cases to customer requirements / architecture
- Report, re-test, and track defects until proper resolution
- Assist the SW teams to analyze problem reports and determine the root cause
- Participate in SCRUM, continuous improvement tasks and other agile events by bringing the vehicle testing perspective
- Interface directly with customer onsite at their facilities and other project stakeholders
- Organize and contribute towards the overall telematics test strategy definition
- Responsible for the validation of official customer release candidates as well as engineering releases in customer test benches and vehicles.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree in: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years of experience testing embedded systems on test benches and/or vehicles
- 2 years of experience translating requirements into executable test cases
- 2 years of experience working with CAN, UDS and ECU flashing procedures
- 2 years of experience with defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira or similar)
- 2 years of experience with requirement management tools (e.g. Doors or similar)
- 2 years of experience with test concepts (white box, black box, stress testing, sanity testing, etc)
- 2 years of experience with scripting (bash, python, java, perl or similar)
- Experience with Canoe and/or Vehicle Spy
- Experience testing and troubleshooting vehicle at customer locations
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Willingness to spend > 90% of the time at customer locations
- Willingness to travel (<10% of the time)
Experience in the following topics is a plus:
- Basic understanding of C programming
- Experience creating/editing vehicle simulations and test interactive panels (e.g. Vector CAPL, LabView, Intrepid)
- Functional Safety
- Ethernet, TCP-IP
- ISTQB Certification
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental will not offer visa support.
Continental will not offer relocation assistance for this opportunity.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services