Developer for Electric Brake System - Iasi
We develop the future of highly advanced braking technology for all vehicle types. Future Brake Systems must be capable of more than “just” decelerating a car safely. They must contribute to the efficiency of the vehicle, and they must meet new requirements for Automated Driving. Are you passionate about mathematics? Physics maybe ? Programming ? Then we can work together to develop new technology in the automotive industry.
We are looking for a new colleague in our team. As a developer in our team, you’ll be responsible for sketching the first solution for innovation ideas, product improvements, process changes. Your mathematical models or your source code will run in prototypes in the cars of tomorrow. Get the chance to interact with brand new technology and accomplish the satisfaction of saying “Yeah… that was me who built it”. Let your ideas shape the future of our products and be proud to be a Continental engineer.
Let your ideas shape the future of our products!
Challenges of the job
· Develop MATLAB Simulink models for simulating the physical system and design control algorithms.
· Develop SW solutions for the Electronic Brake system which will improve the overall performance of the system.
· Implementation and validation of new approaches for control algorithms and monitoring functions.
· Design, implement and carry on a proof of concept study.
· Follows and assures the safe and reliable interaction of components within a product.
· Search for new technologies and solutions to implement into upcoming new products.
· Help build prototypes for solution verification.
· Grow together with the team.
· Have fun while working.
· Work on demo vehicle presentations for different OEMs.
This job is for YOU if:
· You’re open to new ideas and new challenges.
· You dream about innovating.
· You continuously strive to grow professionally.
· It’s easy for you to share knowledge/ideas and inspire others
· Simulation tools (MATLAB / Simulink) and ModelBasedDesign process.
· Understanding of mathematics and physics.
· C Programming.
· System engineering, with focus on simulations in either of the following areas: hydraulics, motor control, power electronics or sensors - is a plus.
· University degree (i.e. Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Informatics, Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics).
· Automotive development in actuation systems – is a plus
· Working with cross-functional international teams – is a plus
· Being fluent in English
· Having a methodical and structured approach.
· Having the ability to priorities issues based on level of importance and identify innovative and timely solutions.
· Being technically minded eager and desired to understand the products and key drivers (from all disciplines: mechanics, electronics and software) for technological development of the platform.
· Having strong entrepreneurship as basis for a self-determined working style.
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.