Group Leader - Supply Chain BMN2 (shift 6pm-6am)
1. Lead shift material handlers and allocate resources where needed to support the movement of raw materials,
WIP, and finished goods within and between productions facilities.
2. Coordinate transport activities including box truck and trailer loading and unloading while ensuring all
Environmental, Safety & Health (ESH) guidelines (e.g. chock blocks, dock locks and safety chains) are followed.
3. Responsible to place orders for materials and returnable material containers into SAP in a timely manner that
support daily production requirements and established stock levels throughout the facilities.
4. Support receiving activities and documentation for receipts that occur directly to production facilities including
receipt and related SAP transactions.
5. Coordinate resources (equipment and labor) to fulfill routine and non-routine requests including overtime and
6. Ensure open communications exist on a daily basis to facilitate ever changing requirements and escalate safety,
inventory discrepancies and shortages to management. Resources include mobile phones, email, two way radios
and other company systems.
7. Responsible for the safe operation of all Logistics Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) including mandatory shift
safety checks, established operating guidelines, PPE, and all other required organization protocol.
8. Access information via SAP and other business systems (SDS Database, Document Control) as needed.
9. Coordinate the removal of plant refuse and recyclables in accordance with established facility guidelines and
assist in maintaining outside storage areas.
10. Coordinate inventory maintenance activities including physical inventories, cycle counts, shift by shift inventory
sheets, and spot checks as needed.
11. Participating in the auditing process including implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
12. Maintain a clean and safe workspace including housekeeping and other effort that support a clean and safe
workplace. Incorporate 5S (everything has a place) into your work environment.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Manufacturing/Logistics experience preferred, Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) experience strongly desired.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: Basic math and computer skills.
- Other Skills / Abilities: Multi-tasking, teamwork, problem solving, passion and commitment, clear and open communication, deliver results. Must be able to speak English.
- Shift schedule on night, between 6pm-6am.
- Relocation benefits would not be offered for this job opening.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented group leader to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?