Capital Investment Buyer
Support the primary vision of the Corporate Indirect Purchasing organization:
1) Providing High Stakeholder Value, 2) Low Total Cost of Ownership, and 3)High Efficiency.
This will be achieved through the development and implementation of strategy and negotiations relating to supply and pricing for Clinton, MS Plant and alignment with other North American locations. Long term objective to establish optimum customer support, motivated supply base through pooling volumes, and use of common strategies in order to maximize contributions to the operating profit of the plant as well as the North American Region.
- Ensure delivery and service quality towards internal customers.
- Point of contact for plant purchasing issues together with Corporate Purchasing.
- Supplier Management – support with data, when appropriate, during supplier reviews
- Complete special tasked assigned by Purchasing Manager & Plant Operations Manager
- Ensure compliance to all mandatory requirements including Corporate Policy, Plant policy, Safety, Environmental, ISO, Quality,
- Analyze market situation to identify risks & opportunities relating to current/future supply
- Supplier Management - maintenance and creation of frame/consignment contracts with suppliers. Control of information flow to suppliers and negotiations on all issues together with Corporate Purchasing.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities and alternatives, build relevant strategy together with Corporate Purchasing while ensuring agreements of all parties (Plant, Engineering, etc.).
- Ensure that supplier warranty, proper logistic and invoicing procedures/costs are followed. Also supporting all customer satisfaction responsibilities including: representing indirect purchasing during any plant meetings and developing and implementing actions to support individual plant needs
- Review procedures within area of responsibility to ensure conformance with requirements, policies and procedures and manages KPI's to target
- Monitor, Report, and Resolve (possible Corporate support) situations regarding:
- Supplier delivery performance
- Accounts Payable topics
- Provide updates to management for continuous improvement of plant purchasing activities
- Provide updates of respective area during scheduled staff meetings
- Manage KPI's to exceed targets by managing processes efficiently
- Utilize SAP to execute from order preparation through timely delivery ordeed items in order to support the production needs of the plant while optimizing working capital
- Update SAP material master data as necessary
- Ensures 5S standard throughout all related areas and functions.
- Ensure ESH rules and regulations
- Communication skills in international surrounding
- Distinct planning and organization skills
- Team player and service oriented
- SAP experience - Knowledge of Material Management (MM) activities in SAP highly preferred
- MS Office
- CPM or CPSM knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Project management
- Education: Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- Experience: 3-5 years of professional experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment,
- Project management
- Previous experience dealing with international responsibilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS location is seeking a Plant Capital Investment Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?