CNC set up Operator
The CNC Set-up Operator is the supportive role for making a quality product and ensuring our customer has the right part number they need when they need it per the production plan. This includes PM’S, fixture work, entering data into production systems, making sure change/over’s happen on time within the time given, Interfacing with operators, maintenance, supervision, engineering on machine problems the decrease the run rate, 6’s of the plant and the machine you are responsible for.
• Perform quality checks dictated by the control plans for all production equipment.
• Completed Back-sorts as required.
• Set-up sophisticated CNC machines, change and adjust tools and fixtures, and monitor process to ensure production of quality parts.
• Ability to make effective offsets from CMM reports, and verify them.
• Track tool life and change tools at the required time. Test prototype tooling.
• Enter data into the Pulse systems, Tooling systems, and any other systems as related to your Role.
• Work with Engineering on new product start-up and process improvements.
• Ability to effectively change over machines to another part number
• Assist maintenance technicians in troubleshooting machine problems and perform minor maintenance on equipment.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times, follow 5’s, and fill out cleaning checklist.
• Provide machine operator coverage as required by supervision.
• Cross train to be functional plant wide.
• Perform other activities as assigned.
High School Degree or GED equivalent
Ability to work 12 hour shift on your feet, with potential overtime requirement’s. Ability to frequently lift 25 lbs and ability to push rolling stack of up to 200lbs. This role requires frequent bending, stooping, lifting, pulling and pushing. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and utilize independent judgment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.